The Kinross Corporate Supply Chain Team is responsible for managing complex global initiatives involving commercial management, technology enablement and policy governance in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. Specifically, the Senior Analyst Material Master Data is a brand new role for Kinross Supply Chain. This role will partner with our mine sites and internal stakeholders to design, develop and optimize a centrally managed material master data management program, complementing our enterprise ERP and supporting systems
For the successful candidate, you will be paving the way for Kinross’ Material Master Data Management transformation. You will be supporting the technical and business process design of a Global Master Data Management system deployment focused on global standards and governance. You will own Kinross’ Material Master Data Stewardship program. You will be relied upon as the technical and business process expert, leveraging your expertise to standardize and optimize Kinross’ global Material Master Data set. You will characterize a roll up the sleeves approach to supporting and educating your Mine Maintenance & Operations customers as well as various internal stakeholders.
Supply Chain Master Data Governance
- Be the authority of Kinross’ Material Master Data standards, processes & policies, including keeping them current.
- Operate as the global Master Data Gatekeeper for new material record creation, modification and supersession.
- ERP Material Data Quality Owner: Item Master, Item Branch, Item Cross Reference Tables.
- Promote, market and educate your colleagues on the value and future of Master Data Management.
Supply Chain Master Data Stewardship
- Be the Global Supply Chain Master Data Steward in a trailblazing fashion.
- Cultivate internal and external relationships and regularly collaborate with sites and stakeholders to continuously improve the fitness of all Material Master Data elements.
- Leverage your expertise and supporting tools to reduce data duplication to insignificance.
- Leveraging Kinross’ governance platform, condition external data assets from suppliers or that of M&A activity for adoption and integration to Kinross ERP.
- Continuously identify, define and resolve issues and recommend solutions and best practices to improve Material Master Data linkage with Maintenance, Finance & Operations for smoother transaction management.
Global Business Process Ownership
- Develop standardized global processes to create, modify and supersede material data records.
- Ongoing analysis and optimization of item attributes, hierarchies, UDCs, G/L Class, Commodity Codes etc.
- Develop robust practices for optimizing cross reference tables with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Reporting and Analysis
- Design and deliver Material Master Data Metrics for ongoing performance and sustainable data quality.
- Own Master Data KPI reporting, ensuring that actionable feedback is derived from the data and analysis provided.
- Develop and share reporting tools to assist with data conditioning to improve inventory and spend visibility.
- Be a key point of contact for data extraction and presentation from the enterprise reporting tool.
Demonstrate Corporate Responsibility
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Environmental, Health & Safety and Supply Chain policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness, commitment and compliance with Kinross Social Responsibility Policy, always leading by example employing socially responsible behavior with the Communities in which Kinross operates and within the Company.
- Represents the Supply Chain organization in cross functional companywide collaborative projects.
- Comply with and promotes the Kinross Global Supply Chain Policy.
- Understands and complies with Kinross’ Guiding Principles for Corporate Responsibility.
The above key accountabilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-8 years of related Material Master Data Management experience with both field and corporate influence.
- Prior knowledge of, or comfort level working in mining, natural resources or heavy industries.
- Experience in Maintenance or Production Planning a strong asset.
- Experience within a large multinational decentralized organization an asset.
- Fluency working with Master Data Management Software.
- Prior knowledge of JD Edwards an asset, enterprise ERP experience a must.
- Proficiency with Microstrategy, Think-Cell or related software an asset.
- Experience in advanced Supply Chain Industries an asset: Automotive, Pharma, Tech, CPG, Retail, E-Commerce.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage business process.
Languages and Travel Requirement
- Mastery of English; written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish an asset.
- Position will require minimal travel to Kinross global operations and suppliers