Manager, Asset Management
Summary of Role
This is an expat FIFO role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time or 6/3 roster with travel on employee’s time.
Teranga Gold is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 5,000km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Teranga operates the only gold mine and mill in Senegal, West Africa. Gold production is expected to average about 200,000 ounces annually at all-in sustaining costs in the lowest (best) quartile of industry costs allowing the Company to generate strong free cash flows. Beyond the Company’s mine plan are significant opportunities for organic growth through further exploration in Senegal and Burkina Faso in West Africa.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
· We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
· We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
· Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
· We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
As the Asset Manager reporting to the Site Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the Company assets are used in the most efficient manner, enhancing its profitability by maximizing the Company asset’s lifespan. As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for ensuring that an Asset Management policy, plan, strategy and replacement schedule is developed and implemented.
· Develop and implement an Asset Management Policy for the organisation.
· Ensure the complete asset lifecycle is planned, managed and controlled to deliver its main components. This covers the operation, maintenance, optimization and rationalization of assets. It also includes managing the central planning function and coordinating asset plans with the field Operations group.
· Asset Management (AM) planning - Develop effective asset management plans for implementing the AM strategy and delivering the AM objectives.
· Analyze the costs, risks and benefits of identified investment options.
· Develop a complete Asset replacement strategy for all mobile and fixed equipment.
· Develop a complete Asset replacement schedule for all mobile and fixed equipment.
· Specify costs for all key stages of the AM lifecycle and develop business cases using unit cost data.
· Produce business cases for creation and/or acquisition of assets.
· Prioritize investment projects on the basis of their anticipated total business impact.
· Strategy Development - Provide strategic asset management direction, including identifying strategic requirements, demand analysis and forecasting, and strategy development.
· Focus asset management activities on achieving organizational objectives.
· Risk Management and Performance Improvement - Ensure that the organization acknowledges, understands and manages risk effectively and that performance is reviewed and improved over time.
· Investigate root cause of asset or system failures or incidents.
· Asset Information Management - Define the asset information needed, how it is gathered and analysed, how it is then interpreted and applied.
· Plan the integration of AM information systems to support and integrate AM processes. Make appropriate AM information available for decision making.
· Analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure safe and reliable equipment by optimizing the life cycle of distribution assets through regular inspection, maintenance and repair of these assets.
· Provide support to the Regulatory group for filing details on projects required to support plans for distribution system equipment integrity and system reliability. This includes being accountable for production of assigned regulatory application sections.
· Develop and nurture a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy-to-do-business-with manner of working.
· Provide input to the department’s plans and direction and ensure an appropriate understanding of corporate and business unit strategies.
· Be accountable for the operational management and administration of maintenance to meet all the Company’s objectives.
· Coordination, cooperation and efficiency between the different maintenance teams.
· Oversee development projects, control and direct project status, initiate corrective action to deliver projects on time and at budget cost.
· Implement an asset tracking and tagging system to account for assets.
· Liaise with other Teranga operations with the intent to align the Asset Management across the organisation.
· Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering is required. A Masters in Engineering would be considered an asset.
· Professional Engineering designation with relevant background experience in electrical distribution systems and asset management is required.
· 10+ years management or senior supervisory experience in a large open cut mining operation with a diverse range of equipment.
· Training and work experience in asset management: capital investment, operations and maintenance, asset lifecycle management including cost and value optimisation, resourcing strategy and optimisation, FMEA, RCM, and Risk based condition based maintenance.
· The ability to multitask and operate in a disciplined and effective manner within a high intensity environment for extended time frames.
· Detailed understanding of the concepts and relationships of an asset register, including the role of spatial, performance, condition and historical data.
· Experience with various information systems in the context of creating asset management plans.
· Significant experience in contract and project management.
· A background in the principles and methods of strategic management and business planning.
· Understanding of descriptive and predictive analytics; experience with asset data mining.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and managing operational and capital budgets.
· Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.