Position: Senior HR Advisor
Site: Wahgnion, Burkina Faso
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 5,000 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.2 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is constructing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso with production expected in late 2019. Teranga has a strong balance sheet and the financial flexibility to execute on its growth strategy. The Company has nearly 4.0 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project and is committed to building this reserve with continuing our exploration programs in three countries: Burkina Faso, Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire.
Summary of Role:
This is an expat FIFO role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Wahgnion site in Burkina Faso.
As a key member of the site HR team, the incumbent will act as the back to back to the Regional HR Manager when he/she is on break. The focus of the role will be to oversee all implementation of our human resources tactical plan as we build our Wahgnion Gold Operations in Burkina Faso.
There is a major focus on updating all HR systems to support the business and ensure legal compliance as well as developing the local HR team.
· Lead and manage the development and supervision of all core HR functions in collaboration with the HR Manager including recruitment & selection, compensation and benefits, job and salary classification system, employee relations, Workers’ Committee management, HR policies and procedures, etc.
· Work with management to identify site wide and departmental human resources needs and formulate and execute an HR plan across departments aligned to the operation and Company’s business objectives.
· Collaborate with management (all levels), internal departments and corporate HR teams to develop and implement human resources plans and goals.
· Provide assistance, coaching and support to supervisors and managers in all HR matters including policy & procedure interpretation and adherence, employee relations, employee discipline and terminations, etc.
· Ensure legal compliance in all HR areas – practices, policies, procedures and programs.
· Collaborate with the learning & development team to ensure alignment and integration of all work activities to achieve overall people and human resources goals.
· Manage job classification and salary progression systems including implementation, administration and compliance.
· Address all human resources matters, issues and opportunities with appropriate interventions; identify areas of risk and areas for improvement.
· Supervise labour brokers as part of a broader workforce strategy, ensuring the best interests of the Company and conformity to required practices.
· Contribute to and support talent management activities including progression and succession planning.
· Ensure appropriate tracking and management of all human resources information and data via an HR database; provide various HR reports to support the business as required.
· Ensure termination and dismissal procedures and economic retrenchment processes are in place, applied consistently, and effective.
· Provide support, coaching and counseling to both managers and employees as required to facilitate the resolution of issues/matters that impact on work performance.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Minimum 10 to 15 years’ related experience ideally as a generalist with hands on experience in all key HR areas; Bachelors’ Degree in Business (Human Resources’ Specialization preferred) or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Previous expatriate experience working in a remote location
· Demonstrated experience and success in a wide range of Human Resources generalist areas including job classification systems, compensation and benefits, recruitment, HR administration, employment laws, HR policies & procedures, employee relations, advising management on HR areas.
· Labour experience required including leading workers’ committees and dealing with various key stakeholders to address related employee and community issues
· Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills required
· French and English bilingualism is an asset
· Strong computer literacy and technological capabilities including proficient use of Microsoft Office and ability to use web based HR technologies and conduct internet research.
· Must have strong organizational management, planning and time skills
· Strong cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with various groups of people
Our Vision, Culture & Values
· We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
· We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
· Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
· We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org