- Advance your career and be a part of a high performing mining company in Laos
- Lead mechanical and electrical maintenance activities for a copper-gold processing plant
- Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle – attractive drive in, drive out roster from Vientiane Capital
This is an exciting time to join PanAust, a copper and gold producer, with operations in Laos and a large pre-development project in Papua New Guinea. PanAust’s producing assets in Laos are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation, managed by our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining. Both of these operations are delivering strong production and cost performance. PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold project in Papua New Guinea, one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world, which will become a long-life open-pit operation. The strategic direction of the company is to maximize returns from its producing assets while advancing pre-development projects that offer potential to sustain and grow the business in the long term.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of South East Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on their breaks. Vientiane, the capital city, offers an attractive lifestyle for expatriate families, with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Maintenance Manager, you will lead a team of approximately 140 Lao and expatriate employees responsible for mechanical and electrical maintenance activities across the process plant. Your primary focus will be to maintain the current high standards of plant reliability and availability, achieved by developing a strong relationship with operations and maintaining a focus on continuous improvement through the application of Lean principles. Naturally, maintaining a strong safety culture is a key priority for the role.
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate positive visible leadership through your behavior’s and interactions
- Define the requirements, accountabilities and expectations of all employees and contractors
- Demonstrate a highly visible on-site presence and commitment for the implementation of Phu Bia Mining policies, strategies, standards, systems and processes
- Meet production and cost targets through effective implementation of strategies and continuous improvement (Lean) initiatives
- Support the development of accurate annual budgets and forecasting to align performance to meet cost targets
- Work closely and in a collaborative manner with all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to ensure best practice maintenance processes are utilized across all areas of the processing plant
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Mechanical trade certificate essential, with further studies in Maintenance Management highly regarded
- Extensive mechanical maintenance experience in copper-gold processing plant is essential
- Ability to lead, influence and be able to deliver improvements and change
- A good understanding of continuous improvement practices, with experience in Lean principles would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- A dynamic and proactive approach
- Outstanding leadership ability, with a strong commitment to training and developing the team
- Unwavering safety focus.
PanAust offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to advance their career by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems and processes that will underpin our future growth. As an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. By joining our team, you will play an important role in developing our highly motivated Lao national workforce in line with our commitment to localisation.
We offer an attractive salary package including housing and children’s education allowance, performance bonus, medical and insurance cover. This role is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 180km north of Vientiane and is offered on an attractive drive in, drive out roster. Transport to and from site is provided by the company, with travel in company time. Our modern mine camp provides a range of Western and Asian food, along with sporting and recreational facilities, including football field, gym, pool tables and wet mess.
Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is located approximately 180km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is an open cut mine with a Copper-Gold Crushing, Grinding & Floatation process plant, with annual production targets of approximately 90,000 Ton of Copper.
Click on Apply Now - this will direct you to the vacancy on the PanAust/Phu Bia careers page to complete your application.
If you have any problems with the link, copy the following: