- Advance your career and be a part of a leading mining company in Laos
- Lead a team to deliver metallurgical operating strategies - large copper concentrator with a challenging, variable ore body
- Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle or fly in, fly out from your point of hire
This is an exciting time to join PanAust, a copper and gold producer, with operations in Laos and a large pre-development project in Papua New Guinea. PanAust’s producing assets in Laos are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation, managed by our subsidiary company, Phu Bia Mining. Both of these operations are delivering strong production and cost performance. PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold project in Papua New Guinea, one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world, which will become a long-life open-pit operation. The strategic direction of the Company is to maximise returns from its producing assets while advancing pre-development projects that offer potential to sustain and grow the business in the long term.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of South East Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base to explore the region. Vientiane, the capital city, offers an attractive lifestyle for families with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways.
PanAust offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to advance their career by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems and processes that will underpin our future growth. As an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. By joining our team, you will play an important role in developing our highly motivated Lao national workforce in line with our commitment to localisation.
We offer an attractive salary package and excellent rosters for both residential and fly in, fly out employees that includes travel in company time with housing and childrens education allowances included in the salary package of those on a residential roster. Our modern mine camps provide a range of Western and Asian food and sporting and recreational facilities, including a football field, gym, pool tables and wet mess.
This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is a conventional open pit mine producing approximately 85,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, upgraded to a design capacity of 19 million tonnes per annum, comprises a SAG mill and two ball mill circuits, each rated at 13 MW, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation.
Reporting to the Metallurgical Superintendent, you will play an instrumental role in the development of metallurgical operating strategies for the copper concentrator, addressing the constant challenges presented by Phu Kham’s highly variable ore body. With the recent implementation of a new production information system, Ampla, you will develop and embed improved reports and processes to provide relevant data, which will be used to identify, develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives.
With a small team of direct reports, your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of a concise operating strategy for each shift, focused on maximising plant performance
- Establish addition rates and monitor usage of all mill consumables (grinding media and reagents)
- Develop weekly processing operations plan in liaison with process operations, mine geology and mine planning
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for metallurgical tasks
- Oversee metallurgical accounting and reconciliation from the primary crusher to concentrate load out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Motivate and develop local workforce, addressing skills gaps through appropriate training plans
- Identify, develop and implement engineering and metallurgical improvements to achieve more efficient plant performance
- Undertake appropriate laboratory testwork and process plant surveys to ensure understanding of current plant performance in all areas and ensure short term interval control measures are defined and put in place
- Define and progress projects for continuous improvement and optimisation of the process plant operations
- Keep abreast of technical developments in the performance of the type of reagents and equipment used at site
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree qualification in metallurgy
- Extensive production metallurgy experience in base metal flotation
- Track record of identifying and delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong skills in MS Excel and an understanding of process control systems
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt and make decisions in a constantly changing work environment
- A proactive approach, combined with a strong focus on driving outcomes
- Ability to successfully engage with and influence a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading a safe working culture
Please Click on Apply Now which will direct you to this vacancy on the Pan Aust careers website.
Any problems copy the following link: