This role reports to the VP, Total Rewards and has a dual function:
1) To provide specialist support and expertise to enable the implementation of the diversity and inclusion strategy and
2) To complete analysis and prepare reports relating to broad-based global or executive compensation, and/or global benefits
- Provide specialist support and expertise on diversity and inclusion:
- Acts as a resource and provides expertise to the global HR team on diversity and inclusion best practices. Assists in addressing diversity and inclusion challenges, including researching matters and providing recommendations.
- Prepares presentation materials to support VP, Total Rewards in presenting to key stakeholders
- Researches and recommends educational and training programs; coordinates delivery of programs for Kinross participants (leaders, HR, etc.)
- Develops and manages the ‘knowledge center’, including:
- Working with analytics lead to develop reporting on Kinross data and track progress, including gathering additional data
- Researching external data and maintaining a robust data set of facts, studies and data points that can be leveraged
- Preparing presentations and materials to be used at corporate, sites and regions, by all ‘champions’ to reinforce D&I
- Develop toolkits, guidelines, etc. on various diversity and inclusion topics
Works with HR teams globally to provide the information and data they required, to understand what additional information or materials are needed, and conduct research, gather and/or prepare such information.
- Develops a sponsorship program and supports implementation
- Works with talent management team to integrate D&I in leadership programs, and develop career development program and supports
- Organizes and occasionally facilitates focus groups and other meetings as needed. Drafts and distributes surveys or questionnaires, and summarize results.
- Works with the Corporate and regional / site HR teams to ‘project manage’ the work associated with reviewing HR policies and programs including:
- Organizing monthly meetings
- Researching best practices to assist functional HR areas in identifying ways they can enhance their practices
- Tracking progress against objectives each HR area commits to
- Providing support as needed / appropriate to HR functional areas
- Develops the ‘best practice’ document based on Corporate HR experience and site / regional input / participation
- Works with communications to ensure a regular stream of communications in line with communication plan, and works with different sites, regions and HR groups to identify possible ‘stories’
- Stays current on evolving best practices on diversity and inclusion and recommends practices to be incorporated at Kinross
- Helps design and coordinates activities associated with International Women’s Day and other diversity events
Note: as much of this work on diversity and inclusion is in its early stages, the work with shift and evolve as the strategy implementation proceeds.
Job Responsibilities Cont'd
- Completes analysis and prepares reports:
- Participates as a member of the Total Rewards team to complete key annual processes and projects, including preparation of the annual management information circular; completing compensation surveys; analyzing compensation market data; reviewing compensation data and recommendations, and preparing summaries and reports as part of the annual compensation review process.
- Completes other compensation tasks on an ‘as needed’ basis including job evaluation, compensation recommendations, and other compensation analysis.
- Assists with Executive Compensation analysis including summarizing competitor practices; completing research and gathering market data; completing data analysis and preparing summaries; preparing materials for the compensation committee of the Board.
- Is trained to support and back up various tasks in the Total Rewards team including administration of LTI and ESPP programs, completing LTI reporting, loading surveys to our survey data tool, administering year end compensation planning system, etc.
- Works with the Global and U.S. benefits team and completes various tasks as required, including audits and reconciliations of retirement plan contributions and corrections of same.
- Participates in other HR and Rewards projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance, or another related area of expertise
- CHRP certification preferred
- 2-5 years HR experience, preferably in total rewards and/or diversity and inclusion
- Previous experience in the mining industry preferred
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in diversity and inclusion
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, and a strong attention to detail; confidence working with and analyzing data
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and ability to respond to multiple and often competing priorities
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change; strong problem-solving skills; flexible
- Excellent ability to research and summarize information
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong team player; flexible, interested in learning and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Some knowledge of learning and development principles; demonstrated creativity
- Sense of urgency and ability to deliver accurately to tight deadlines; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of applicable labour / employment law
Closing Date & Additional Information
Some travel may be required.
Applications for this role will close on December 10, 2018 at 11:59pm (EDT).