Climax Molybdenum Co., a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan, is the world's leading molybdenum producer and supplier. Our global operations include both primary and byproduct molybdenum mines, integrated global operations, and local customer care. We provide our worldwide partners with the most reliable supply and highest quality molybdenum and rhenium products. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who seek challenging, exciting and rewarding work for a company that supplies molybdenum for a variety of high-value applications in industries ranging from steel and oil to aerospace and construction. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Climax Molybdenum.
This position is located at the Henderson Mine, which is in an underground mine plant setting at an elevation of 10,800 feet above sea level. This may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
Highly skilled mechanic who under supervision safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, and repair of underground mobile equipment (loaders, haul trucks, graders, bobcats, skid steers, concrete trucks, ext.).
- Perform troubleshooting and system/component diagnostic, replacement and repairs on, but not limited to the following: power trains, hydraulic systems, electrical low voltage systems, engines, pneumatics / AC systems, and frames
- Perform the following duties: engine replacements, transmission replacements, powertrain replacements, hydraulic motor replacements, ext.
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance on underground haul trucks, front-end loaders, electrical and/or hydraulic drills and bolters and other utility support vehicles
- Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) includes scheduled hour services, changing fluids, filters, inspections and other component checks
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
- Perform welding: Mig, Stick, Tig, Arc, ext. and fabrication duties: frame repairs, brackets, body work
- Train and mentor other employees
- Perform emission testing on underground equipment
- Complete work area inspections and housekeeping duties
- Perform as a Fill-in Supervisor as required
- May operate mobile equipment such as: forklifts, cranes, presses, front-end loaders, and mine tractors
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) years of experience in mining mobile equipment mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Proficient at troubleshooting and diagnosing on hydraulic and electric systems
- High School diploma or GED
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability