Position: Processing Manager
Site: Sabodala, Senegal
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
Summary of Role
This is a fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
This position will report to the Site Operations Manager & as a member of the senior management team you will lead and manage the Processing Department including all metallurgical and fixed plant activities to achieve operational goals and targets
· Provide leadership and oversight to Processing & Gold Room Operations, Metallurgy, Electrical and Maintenance teams
· Lead the development of the Processing Department through continuous improvement and optimization of mill processes while collaborating with key stakeholders
· Provide leadership to the team and achieves people related objectives and activities
· Act as a leader in all areas by assisting, planning, developing, implementing, reviewing and monitoring activities to optimize the operation of the processing plant, while evaluating the economic implications
· Acting as a change leader, always looking for ways to improve how we operate in an effective and efficient manner
· Ensure safe and efficient processing of material in accordance with statutory obligations
· Ensure that all activities are done according to budget and forecasts
· Provide a systematic approach in meeting all targets
· Plan, organise and control the high level activities related to his department
· Oversee all people related activities always behaving in a manner consistent with company values and expected behaviours
· Keep necessary records of all aspects related to his department and contractual activities
· Coordinate with other departments in order to maintain plant compliance and standardization
· Manage relationships and contractual requirements with contractors and service providers
· Carries out duties of managing all activities in the most cost effective manner possible to deliver required gold production
· Accountable for the preparation of the processing budget and on delivery (costs and time)
· Negotiate and manage 3rd party service providers in order to reduce costs
· Monitor KPI and follow through with action plans
· Helps others in identifying initiatives in increasing costs efficiencies.
· Use best practices in mineral processing and coordinate production with the Mine Manager and others
· Plans work according to business requirements and guides all activities accordingly
· Keep focus on longer term objectives while achieving shorter goals
· Orchestrate and monitor activities in order to achieve business expectations
People & Team Management
· Develop and encourage a team approach with shared objectives
· Review and communicate individual and team performances in daily, weekly, monthly team meetings
· Oversee development and execution of people progression & succession plans;
· Create and maintain strong relationship with all internal and external stakeholders (government, agencies, financial, etc.).
Policy, Procedure and Process Development
· Sets specific policy and procedures
· Recommends improvements to the business that may lead to safer, more productive operation with better gold production.
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 15 years' postgraduate experience working in a similar processing operation/environment
· Degree in metallurgy or process engineering with previous experience as a Processing Manager or equivalent position
· Strong leadership and team development ability
· A proactive approach to modern safety management systems and practices
· An extensive knowledge of current gold processing, metallurgical and maintenance practices and systems – gold/CIL experience strongly preferred
· Ability to develop and manage budgets
· Demonstrated record of developing and working with "best in industry" practices
· Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring, and developing employees
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. Pronto)
· Competent in asset management practices
· Competent in metallurgical accounting processes
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com