Position: Supply Chain Coordinator
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Summary of Role
This is 2-year expatriate position, fly-in fly-out role: 6 weeks on /3 weeks off roster with travel on employee’s time to our Wahgnion mine site in Burkina Faso.
The position reports to the Supply Chain Superintendent & will support the Superintendent in the following task;
· Develop, implement and maintain compliance to Standard Warehouse Operating Procedures (SOP) including the security of all assets.
· Managing stocks including housekeeping, stock taking, storage & protection, location of stock, replenishment, expediting and stock control.
· Liaises with internal clients on stock, storage and transport requirements.
· Manage labour productivity by monitoring absenteeism, overtime, and cycle times.
· Approve any modifications to warehouse and storing structures, equipment and procedures.
· Manage & review strategies to optimise procurement and inventory costs.
· Ensure continuity of reliable supply of materials and services by maintaining ethical, long term commercial relationships with suppliers and contractors.
· Ensure that all purchasing decisions are appropriate by ensuring that all requirements are understood (by liaising with the relevant user and department if required) prior to quotations being sought from suppliers.
· Help in identifying redundant stock. Manage the physical aspects of the disposal of assets, stock and scrap which are identified as surplus to company’s requirements and the administration thereof.
· Staying abreast of and implementing sensible use of best practice technology.
· Ensure proper record keeping, reporting and documentation for management and audit purposes.
· Manage and Guaranty the quality and timely purchase and procure of goods and services according to Teranga standard operating procedure (SOP).
· Support the delivery of Supply & Logistics best practice in its processes and systems that will create value across Teranga entire value chain. A key element of the role is the identification and implementation of leading practices in all areas of procure to pay, contract and sourcing processes, operational excellence and supply chain solutions and reporting to ensure Teranga’s alignment.
· Managed the selection and performance of suppliers in line with agreed SLA.
· Managed Tenders, Forward Pricing Agreements and Contracts for business requirements.
· Guaranty the implementation of Terganga’s commercial policies and procedures.
· Management of the Logistics functions in terms of liaison with the transport providers for secure and timely deliveries both into and off the respective sites.
· Receipting of goods and services and oversee the unloading of trucks ensuring that materials are delivered to the correct locations at all sites.
· Coordinate return of rotable and core components from mines to warehouse for transport off site for repair or replacement.
· Managing and resolving problems in physical and systems issues in relation to the delivery of materials.
· Ensuring that the handling of dangerous goods is conducted safely and in accordance to relevant national and international statutory regulations.
· Identifies process and procedural elements for continuous improvement in area of responsibility to improve service to external and internal clients.
· Prepare contracts for business requirements. Assist with definition of Department objectives, evaluation of the proposals and tenders and negotiating with suppliers.
· Provide general advice about Teranga contracts’ standards and procedures;
· Providing advice to the Management Team across the range of the Mine’s legal interests, risks and obligations;
· Building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training, especially for other contract services staff and managers;
· Helping to ensure appropriate legal policies and practices are in place to manage the legal obligations and legal risks of the Department effectively
· Administer and supervise contract monitoring, contract administration and compliance;
· Ensure quarterly meetings are held with key suppliers and service providers.
· Develop and prepare regular reports on the status of contracts;
· Resolve contract payment disputes and confer with contractors and other divisions concerning contract payments and compliance;
· As required implement and interpret Commercial policies and procedures.
· As required develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of new procedures for the Contracts team;
· Provide direction to contract specialists and staff regarding relevant contract provisions;
· Liaise with internal and external legal resources for legal advice.
Required Skills & Experience
· 5 to 10 years’ similar experience in a large scale Mining operation or similar Relevant experience in Management in Purchasing, Contract Management, Inventory Control, Material Management, and Warehousing preferably in mining or heavy industry environment.
· Tertiary qualifications in Supply Chain Management and Purchasing from a known institution or University.
· Must have Supply Chain experience working in an African country, West African countries an advantage.
· Sound knowledge of the following software: ERP (Pronto or similar), Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Experience in working in a team environment and under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. (French and English)
· High attention to detail and level of accuracy.
· An appreciation of large scale projects with technically demanding requirements.
· A clear understanding and acceptance that as a service support with direct impact on production, the Supply Chain is a strategic point to our client success
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com