Direct, oversee and evaluate the development and implementation of Underground Grasberg Block Cave Mine’s work plan, design, schedule, and budget; in order to provide clear guidance for the Grasberg Block Cave (GBC) Mine to achieve its development, construction, and production target in effective, efficient, timely and safest manner.
- Direct, encourage, and evaluate the development and implementation of company’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in the department, in order to accomplish the Department’s SHE targets.
- Direct and evaluate the development and implementation of short-range (daily, weekly and monthly) plan of development activities, construction and cave development activities in order to provide comprehensive, accurate, effective, and efficient guidelines to achieve short-term objectives of UG Expansion.
- Organize, monitor, and evaluate the development and implementation of long range (annual, five (5) years and fifteen (15) years) plan of UG GBC Mine, in order to provide comprehensive, accurate, effective, and efficient guidelines to achieve the long-term objectives of UG GBC Mine.
- Liaise with corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona and related departments in UG Division to develop UG GBC Mine’s annual budget, in order to produce an accurate and realistic UG GBC Mine’s annual budget (capital and operating budget) to support the achievement of UG GBC Mine’s development and project targets.
- Evaluate, analyze, and revise as necessary the UG GBC Mine’s annual budget on quarterly basis, in order to produce accurate and more realistic development, construction, and production targets and its cost estimation.
- Analyze geological data provided by UG Geology Department, coordinate and control design and planning process, including process, method, and schedule and setting realistic targets for development, construction, and production activities.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly development, construction, and production reports, and coordinate the development of required correction action plan, to ensure monthly target of UG GBC mine is achieved in an effective, efficient, timely and safest manner.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of current development, construction, and production method, process and equipment, and coordinate and propose necessary modification of the current method, process and equipment specifications, in order to improve productivity, efficiency, and safety of the UG GBC Mine’s operations.
- Direct, perform, and control the development and evaluation of performance, capability and career of all GBC Engineering’s employees, to ensure required skill, knowledge and experiences to design and plan GBC’s operation activities are fulfilled in effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Direct and manage the transfer of technology from Expatriate employee to National employee. Assure the needed and necessary training takes place to improve subordinate job skills and performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering, with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Underground Mining and four (4) years of managerial experience in holding supervisory or managerial positions in a large mining operation.
Must have strong understanding of underground mining engineering principles and concepts, and a work history in underground engineering.
Candidates with previous cave mining experience preferred.
Underground mining operation management skill.
Underground mine design and modeling.
Block cave engineering.
Rail haulage and construction.
Project management skill.
Planning and budgeting skill.
Willingness to work in a team environment.
Strong computer skills.
High level of communication and presentation skills.
Strong English skills, both oral and written.
Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
Highly focused toward satisfying customer requirements.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential).
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
JobManager, Grasberg Block Cave Engineering