Summary of Role
This is a 2-year expatriate position, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our new Wahgnion mine in Burkina Faso.
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
The Senior Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner reports to the Maintenance Superintendent & be responsible of the following key performance are
- Plant Maintenance – effective management of reliability centred maintenance systems, preventative maintenance programmes and unplanned repairs.
- Maintenance Planning - Ensure all maintenance functions are planned effectively to ensure maximum cost benefit while minimising the interruption to production.
- Cost control – Contribute to the accurate compilation of budget forecasts and effective management of departmental expenditure.
- Resource Management – Provide systems to ensure effective utilisation of all available resources. These would include but not be limited to tools and equipment, mobile equipment, all relevant company employees, contractors and consultants.
- Communication - Maintain effective communication between the maintenance and all internal and external stakeholders.
· Short to long term planning and scheduling of all Mechanical & Electrical maintenance of Fixed Plant Equipment and other company assets according to RCM principles and techniques.
· Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to provide accurate prediction of future, and records of historical maintenance activities and costs and provide timely reports to management using the CMMS and other tools.
· Provide mentoring and training to planners while demonstrating commitment to
· Establish and maintain Maintenance Planning standards and policies in conjunction with the Maintenance Superintendent
· Conduct weekly planning meetings with maintenance and operations and update the CMMS accordingly including the raising and closing of work orders and entry of planned start and finish dates.
· Training and Coaching of planners in the preparation of work packages and all other planning functions for each maintenance work group within the organization.
· Prepare and issue shutdown plans and ensure that all resources required for shutdowns are mobilized, planned and scheduled to meet the timelines agreed.
· Play a coordinating role during shutdowns to ensure that over-runs are kept to a minimum
· Organise in accordance with SGO procedures external service provider’s visits to site for Condition monitoring and any other maintenance services not able to be done using on-site resources.
· Regularly review spares holding policy for maintenance spares and consumables and adjust the purchasing and inventory control settings as required to reduce reliance on airfreight.
· Attend regular meetings with operations and maintenance personnel to review equipment performance, develop remedial actions and improvement plans for cost and performance.
· Support the cost effective achievement of monthly and annual production targets (ore tonnes and mill throughput) in accordance with the budget
· Assist in the development of the departmental budget, with particular effort towards producing a Zero based maintenance budget.
· Record Meeting minutes which include a list of actions and responsible persons and timelines for action when required.
· Develop a succession plan for all maintenance planning positions with clear competencies to be achieved and timelines for achievement.
· Work with the Maintenance Superintendent to develop tracking & reporting systems for agreed KPI's to allow accurate and quick analysis of maintenance, breakdowns, costs and operating performance of Plant Equipment.
Required Skills & Experience
· Trades Qualification and Tertiary or Post Trade Qualification in Engineering/Maintenance planning or maintenance management is desirable.
· 10+ years’ experience in large scale mineral processing or mining environment including at least 5 years in senior maintenance planning roles
· Prior experience required in the use of CMMS; Pronto an asset
· Working skills and knowledge of a computer use including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word Excel & MS project
· Experience in budget and cost management
· Driver’s License
· French language skills are a definite asset
· Demonstrated experience working with, coaching and mentoring employees with diverse backgrounds
· Ability to train less experienced staff members
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com