Summary of Role
This is an expatriate fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
The key responsibilities for the Maintenance Coordinator is being responsible for Loading, Hauling, Ancillary and Overhaul Rebuilds.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position requires a self-motivated individual to design, implement and oversee the life cycle strategies of equipment in line with the asset management system, plan and schedule repairs to ensure a sustainable high level of maintenance is accomplished.
The equipment consists of regular mining equipment, facilities and infrastructure currently supporting workshop and infield repairs. The elected candidate should provide interactive positive systems to enable asset management and equipment health standards to world class levels of performance and reliability. Efficient management of a team of people and a group of equipment
This position requires a lead by example approach to ensure best practice solutions are implemented as a team effort to encourage growth within the organisation.
- Comply with current site safety culture and compliance to all safety systems is required.
- Focus on reliability to ensure all work are carried out in line with OEM and site standards.
- Motivate a workforce by experience, knowledge and respect. Train and mentor current site personnel.
- Must have the capacity to supervise multi work fronts safely and effectively. Ensure all agreed processes and procedures are followed.
- Design and develop procedures and policies to suit the environment and resources available.
- Maintain level of work performance in accordance with KPI standards and / or work order specifications.
- Work includes designing, set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and / or equipment products.
- Take responsibility of site resources and supporting equipment to include operational maintenance, daily inspections and quality control.
- Assist to plan and schedule repairs in line with current maintenance scheduling.
- Participate in long term planning, budgeting and asset management activities.
- Minimise equipment downtime events to enable optimized performance and reliability.
- Provide solutions and engineering methods of repair in line with OEM standards.
- Provide detailed failure analysis reports.
- Design and implement strategies for regular structural maintenance of minor, major and rebuild components of the fleet to include all repairs on location within the workshop and field areas.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience maintaining mobile and mining equipment.
- 10 years’ experience supervision of a maintenance team in a developing country (preferably Africa)
- Possess a formal Heavy Equipment Mechanical certification qualification with experience the maintenance area
- Has the capacity to multi task across the mining fleet to include equipment overhauls
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office and knowledge of ERP software, preferably Pronto
- Communication skills in English (French is an asset) to effectively interact with employees
- Driver’s License essential
- Strong cultural sensitivity and appreciation for Senegalese culture
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com