- Advance your career and be a part of a high-performing mining company in Laos, with growth projects in Southeast Asia
- In-house opportunity to lead a dedicated near mine exploration geology team work for two world class open pit operations
- Choice of roster: Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle or fly in, fly out from your point of hire. 12 months contract.
PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Company is focused on a sustainable business model associated with the production and sale of copper and gold, delivery of production goals and growth.
In Laos, PanAust owns a 90 per cent interest in the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited. The Government of Laos owns the remaining 10 per cent. Phu Bia Mining owns and operates PanAust’s Phu Kham Copper-Gold and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation.
In Myanmar, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in Wuntho Resources Company Limited (WRCL) and has established a joint venture with Myanmar Energy Resources Group International Company Limited (MERG), a Myanmar-based company which holds the remaining 20 per cent of WRCL. WRCL holds exploration tenements covering roughly 775 square-kilometres in Myanmar's Sagaing region and has applied for additional Exploration Licences in the region.
In PNG, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold Project. Frieda River is one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world and offers PanAust excellent potential for the establishment of a world-class, long-life operation.
This is a unique time to join Phu Bia Mining. The Company’s Phu Kham Copper-Gold and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operations are world-class in terms of safety, production and performance. The Company is committed to continuing to deliver outstanding operational results while developing a mine closure plan that will provide sustainable outcomes for the Government and people of Laos.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of Southeast Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on rostered breaks. The capital, Vientiane, offers an attractive lifestyle for expatriate families, with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways.
Phu Bia Mining offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to work at world-class mining operations where you can contribute to the ongoing success of the operations, gain or build on your mine closure experience, and be involved in new growth projects. Phu Bia Mining values diversity and encourages women to apply for all available positions. By joining Phu Bia Mining, you will play an important role in continuing to develop our highly motivated Lao-national workforce in line with our ongoing commitment to localisation.
We offer an attractive salary package and roster for residential and fly in, fly out employees that includes travel in company time. Children’s education (if applicable) and housing allowance are included in the residential package. Our modern mine camps provide a range of Western and Asian food and sporting and recreational facilities, including football field, gym, pool tables and wet mess.
This position is primarily based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital Vientiane; however, as you will lead Mine Resource Development programs at both the Phu Kham and our Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver operations, you will be required to travel between the two sites.
Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation comprises an open-pit mine feeding ore to a process plant with recovery of copper and precious metals into a saleable concentrate using conventional flotation technology.Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation comprises an open pit mine feeding ore to a conventional Carbon in Leach (CIL) and gravity recovery process plant.
The Mine Resource Development Superintendent will report to the Principal Resource Geologist, you will lead a team of geologists and support personnel. Your main focus will be planning and the execution of near mine resource development and exploration programs involving the application and interpretation of geophysics, geochemistry, mapping, drilling, logging, assaying, interpretation and modelling. The aim of this position is to lead the resource development team to drill, define and develop near mine resource opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with mine geology and mining operations crews
- Interpretation, analysis and development of mineralisation targets
- Designing staged drilling programs that will evolve in a dynamic environment
- Safely executing targeted near mine drilling to plan
- Defining and running geophysical programs as required
- Coordination of UXO clearance, community engagement, earth works and drilling rigs
- Post drilling evaluation, logging, sampling and interpretation
- Provision of high quality data to the Resource estimation group for estimation
- Provision of data for internal clients, including geotechnical, metallurgical and environmental teams
- QAQC and validation of data
- Solid modelling of weathering, lithology, structure and mineralisation
- Milestone and project plan reporting
To be successful in this role, you will require:
***No agency please***