Position: Electrical Supervisor, Process Plant
Summary of Role
This position will start as a 2-year contract, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our new Wahgnion new mine site in Burkina Faso.
This position reports to the Process Maintenance Superintendent & will be responsible to maintain optimal electrical availability of the Processing Plant, Power Station and associated ancillary equipment. Provide assistance to other departments across site when required or requested to assure the productivity of the mine is met.
· Attend regular meetings with operations and other maintenance personnel to review equipment performance, develop remedial actions as required and develop improvement plans for cost and performance. Meeting minutes must be recorded and contain a list of responsible persons and timelines for action
· Support the cost effective achievement of monthly and annual production targets (ore tons and mill throughput) in accordance with the budget
· Participate in departmental decision-making, whilst ensuring that employees are empowered to make decisions on issues within their competency. Monitor decision quality, checking for adherence to policies and standards, and coaching for improvement
· Encourage employees to investigate and trial new ideas, methods and technology, to ensure continuous improvement throughout the area of influence
· Contribute towards meeting the department's long-term targets especially in terms of training, equipment long term maintenance plans and structural integrity maintenance
· In conjunction with the Maintenance Planning group, Employ Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques to assist with developing a maintenance strategy for each piece of equipment that is appropriate for the equipment’s criticality to the operation.
· Day to day planning of maintenance work including efficient allocation of labor and other resources to planned work and also unplanned work that arises in the current week.
· Use the Classic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to source required parts and consumables and to also ensure that accurate equipment history is kept ensuring a high degree of maintenance data integrity.
· Ensure that all employees and contractors under your control comply with the Environmental Management Plan, Community relations policies and applicable OHS Policies and Procedures.
· Promote active participation of employees in identifying and reporting potential environmental hazards
· Liaise with environmental and community relations staff regarding issues, incidents or non-compliance within the area of your responsibility
· Conduct safety and environmental incident investigations and report according to the SMG procedure for reporting of such incidents
· Assist with and cooperatively facilitate the conduct of regular safety and environmental audits of areas under your responsibility.
· Ensure recommended actions from safety and environmental incident investigations and from audits are completed or addressed in a timely and acceptable fashion.
Required Skills & Experience
- Electrical Trade Qualification
- 10+ years of experience in large scale open pit mining or mineral processing plant. preferably gold
- 5+ prior supervisory experience managing a team in a developing country (preferably Africa).
- Wonderware HMI and PLC operation is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and empower team
- Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Resilience and resourcefulness
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
If you are having difficulty applying, please send your CV to email@example.com