Candidates login or register below

Like Us

Candidate Login / Register
Sorry, but this job has expired. Please try another search or browse our jobs.

Process Manager - Laos

Job Field:
Engineering and Mineral Processing Jobs, Senior Management & Non-executive Jobs
Chemical Engineer Jobs, Metallurgist Jobs, Mineral Processing Engineer, Process Jobs, Operations Management Jobs, Process Management Jobs
Copper, Gold
Laos, South East Asia
Laos All
Contract Type:
Salary Description:
Competitive salary package drive in roster from Vientiane
Phu Bia Mining
Job Ref:

Discover your potential. Develop your future.

Grow with PanAust and Phu Bia Mining.


Process Manager

·           Advance your career and be a part of a high-performing mining company in Laos, with growth projects in Southeast Asia

·           Manage process operations, metallurgy and laboratory for a large copper concentrator

·           Live in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle with an attractive drive in, drive out roster from the capital, Vientiane


PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Company is focused on a sustainable business model associated with the production and sale of copper and gold, delivery of production goals and astute responsible growth.


In Laos, PanAust owns a 90 per cent interest in the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining. The Government of Laos owns the remaining 10 per cent. Phu Bia Mining owns and operates PanAust Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation.


In Myanmar, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in Wuntho Resources Company Limited (WRCL) and has established a joint venture with Myanmar Energy Resources Group International Company Limited (MERG), a Myanmar-based company which holds the remaining 20 per cent of WRCL. WRCL holds exploration tenements covering roughly 900 square-kilometres in Myanmar's Sagaing Region.


In PNG, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold Project. The Project’s scope supports a mine life in excess of 30 years and extraction of an extensive Mineral Resource by leveraging third-party shared-use infrastructure. 


This is a unique time to join Phu Bia Mining. The Company’s Phu Kham Copper-Gold and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operations are world-class in terms of safety, production and performance. The Company is committed to continuing to deliver outstanding operational results.


Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of Southeast Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and China, making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on rostered breaks. The capital, Vientiane, offers an attractive lifestyle for expatriate families, with modern housing options and facilities including international schools, an impressive range of restaurants, gyms, day spas, sports clubs and weekend getaways. 


Phu Bia Mining offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to work at world-class mining operations where you can contribute to the ongoing success of the operations, gain or build on your mine closure experience, and be involved in new growth projects. Phu Bia Mining values diversity and encourages women to apply for all available positions. By joining Phu Bia Mining, you will play an important role in continuing to develop our highly motivated Lao-national workforce in line with our ongoing commitment to localisation. 

We offer a competitive salary package (including potential tax advantages), children’s education (if applicable) and housing allowance, performance bonus, medical and insurance cover. This role is offered on an attractive drive in, drive out roster with transport to and from site provided by the company, with travel in company time. Our modern mine camp provides a range of Western and Asian food, along with sporting and recreational facilities, including football field, gym, pool tables and wet mess.  

This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, which comprises a large open-pit mine feeding ore to a process plant with recovery of copper and precious metals into a saleable concentrate using conventional flotation technology. 

Reporting to the General Manager Operations, you will provide the vision and leadership for the processing department consisting of the operations team, metallurgy and geometallurgical and analytical laboratories. The major driver for this role will be to continue to deliver safe, low cost and high quality production outcomes. As such, we are seeking an experienced Process Manager with a proven track record of implementing continuous improvement initiatives targeting improved recovery, throughput and metal production.  


Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the Company’s workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.

Your key responsibilities will include:


·       Maximise utilisation of the crushing, milling, flotation and dewatering circuits for a Copper-Gold Concentrator Process Plant through close collaboration with the  Fixed Plant Maintenance department

·       Maximise throughput and recovery performance of the primary crusher and process plant

·       Identify physical/operational defects and constraints in the plant and deliver solutions eliminating these

·       Ensure well developed and implemented metallurgical test work supports improvement operations performance

·       Ensure that the concentrator and tailings operate within agreed environmental standards

·       Integration of mine to mill/geometallurgy progam into operations

·       Provide required level of laboratory service to Phu Kham Operation and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation as agreed achieving required quality and lowest cost outcomes

·       Ensure adoption of smart and plant automation systems such as PI Data Historian, AMPLA etc to integrate processing providing the best means of analysis to determine outcomes and corrective measures

·       Develop and implement work packages incorporating future ores, eliminating process plant bottlenecks (hard ores) and throughput reductions including liner design and optimisation of mill flow through to required performance parameters

·       Act as an integral member of the Phu Bia Mining management team and work effectively with peers on the team

·       Periodically perform the role of Acting General Manager Operations when required to do so



To be successful in this role, you will require:


·       Degree qualification in Metallurgy, Chemical or Processing Engineering or similar essential

·       Proven track record in leading a processing function for a large processing plant copper concentrator

·       Continuous improvement focus

·       A high level of personal discipline, motivation and drive

·       A focus on safety, risk management and efficient use of company resources

·       The ability to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through skilled communication, collaboration and mutual respect, including cross-cultural understanding

·       Exceptional analytical capability and report writing skills

·       An astute commercial focus, professional judgement and attention to detail

·       Excellent organisational and planning skills with an ability to manage competing priorities to meet agreed deadlines

Interested candidates should click on Apply Now to be directed to this vacancy on the Pan Aust careers website and complete your application online.  If you have any difficulty with the link, copy the following into your browser:



Closing Date:

Return to search.

This website uses cookies. Read our cookie policy for more information. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Latest Job Listings