Summary of Role
This is a 1-year contract, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Superintendent and the purpose of this role will be to;
Lead and manage the Purchasing and the Supply Chain of Goods and Services in multicultural industrial environments, to contribute in Corporate decisions and strategies, to improve internal and external relationships, to ensure statutory and legislative compliances, to create, to train and build-up adequate and optimal manpower organizations in line with service level expectations, to develop more appropriate infrastructures, to modify and create procedures, to drive health and safety compliances and many other actions that leads to correct past shortcomings, to excel in safety, to improve cash flow positions, to reduce costs and to enhance customer’s relationships.
Define, Organise, Coordinate, measure and oversee the secure operation of the SA Purchasing and Supply Chain including but not limited to the warehouses and storage locations and lead the work of assigned staff in the ordering, delivering, receiving, stocking, issuing, and accounting of mining and maintenance materials, supplies, equipment, and services including contracts management.
Ensure efficiency in all aspects related to a Supply Chain (Import & Export) dealing with Mining and Processing activities.
Ensure statutory and legislative compliances activities with the Ministries of Mines, Finance, Commerce, Environment, Interior and Defence.
To provide Contracts and Legal support to Commercial, Operational and Maintenance departments to ensure the timely delivery of Services and/or Goods contracts required to support production and services.
To help managing tenders process and contract requirements and performances.
Always strive for continuous improvements by identifying and recommending new ideas to improve current practices and, upon approval, assist in or implement change.
Implementation of quality assurance and control procedures.
Manage a team to satisfy our customer's needs and to deliver against performance targets.
Implement change management including but not limited to trade-off negotiations
Required Skills & Experience
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance to Standard Warehouse Operating Procedures (SOP) including the security of all assets. Managing stocks including housekeeping, stock taking, storage & protection, location of stock, replenishment, expediting and stock control.
- Liaises with internal clients on stock, storage and transport requirements.
- Approve any modifications to warehouse and storing structures, equipment and procedures. Attend Warehouse meetings to discuss and review operational issues with the Supply Chain Superintendent.
- Manage & review strategies to optimise procurement and inventory costs. Ensure continuity of reliable supply of materials and services by maintaining ethical, long term commercial relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Help in identifying redundant stock. Manage the physical aspects of the disposal of assets, stock and scrap which are identified as surplus to company’s requirements and the administration thereof.
- Ensure proper record keeping, reporting and documentation for management and audit purposes.
· Manage and Guaranty the quality and timely purchase and procure of goods and services according to Teranga standard operating procedure (SOP).
· Support the delivery of Supply & Logistics best practice in its processes and systems that will create value across Teranga entire value chain. A key element of the role is the identification and implementation of leading practices in all areas of procure to pay, contract and sourcing processes, operational excellence and supply chain solutions and reporting to ensure Teranga’s alignment.
· Managed the selection and performance of suppliers in line with agreed SLA; managed Tenders, Forward Pricing Agreements and Contracts for business requirements.
- Management of the Logistics functions in terms of liaison with the transport providers for secure and timely deliveries both into and off the respective sites.
- Receipting of goods and services and oversee the unloading of trucks ensuring that materials are delivered to the correct locations at all sites.
- Ensuring that the handling of dangerous goods is conducted safely and in accordance to relevant national and international statutory regulations.
- Prepare contracts for business requirements. Assist with definition of Department objectives, evaluation of the proposals and tenders and negotiating with suppliers.
- Providing advice to the Management Team across the range of the Mine’s legal interests, risks and obligations;
- Building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training, especially for other contract services staff and managers;
- Helping to ensure appropriate legal policies and practices are in place to manage the legal obligations and legal risks of the Department effectively
- Administer and supervise contract monitoring, contract administration and compliance;
- Develop and prepare regular reports on the status of contracts; resolve contract payment disputes and confer with contractors and other divisions concerning contract payments and compliance;
- Liaise with internal and external legal resources for legal advice.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in Supply Chain Management and Purchasing.
- 7+ years’ experience in a large scale mining operation; Experience in gold mining or related industry would be an advantage).
- Experience working as an expatriate in African countries
- Supervisory experience working within a national workforce & a strong cultural sensitivity and appreciation for the local culture
- Sound knowledge of the following software: ERP (Pronto or similar), Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in working in a team environment and under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. (French and English)
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy.
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.7 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is preparing for the first gold pour at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company had more than 4.0 million ounces of gold reserves as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions and is focused on funding future organic growth plans responsibly.
Steadfast in its commitment to set the benchmark for responsible mining, Teranga operates in accordance with the highest international standards and aims to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development as it strives to create value for all of its stakeholders. Teranga is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and a leading member of the multi-stakeholder group responsible for the submission of the first Senegalese Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative revenue report.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com