We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who seek challenging, exciting and rewarding work for a company that supplies molybdenum for a variety of high-value applications in industries ranging from steel and oil to aerospace and construction. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Climax Molybdenum.
This position is located at the Climax Mine site off of CO-91 between Silverthorne, CO and Leadville, CO. This is a rural, alpine area approximately two hours from the Denver metropolitan area. The mine is at an altitude of approximately 10,200 feet. In the winter, the average high temperature is 31 degrees and the average low is 3 degrees. In the summer, the average high temperature is 71 degrees and the average low is 38 degrees. The average snowfall in Lake/Chafee counties is in excess of 200 inches per year.
Under general supervision, coordinates or performs a variety of patrol, security, emergency response and customer service duties through leadership of an assigned team.
- Oversees and participates in the full range of daily security duties (greet and log visitors/vendors, patrol property, etc.), performing the most difficult
- Coordinates daily operations of assigned work group/team to ensure smooth workflow
- Assigns, monitors and reviews the progress and quality of work performed.
- Enforces company policies and procedures
- Trains and instructs employees on the proper and safe use of security and emergency response equipment
- Familiarizes employees with safety and operational policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Coordinates or conducts surveillance of locations or areas in which vandalism or criminal activities have been noted
- Assists with and trained for emergency situations
- Collaborates with police officers in the prevention of crime, works with fire response units for fire suppression, and with medical emergency response units in the event of emergency situations, at the assigned location
- Provides basic emergency medical response (e.g. performs CPR, gives basic first aid) when needed
- Performs other duties as required
- Five (5) years of experience in an area or areas relevant to the assignment
- Skilled in responding appropriately to emergency and conflict situations
- Knowledge of site rules, regulations, policies and procedures and knowledgeable of the site topography and locations of emergency equipment and access points
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- High School diploma or GED
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Demonstrated technical and leadership competencies supplemented by advanced training
- Previous supervisory or lead worker experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobTeam Leader Security - Climax Mine – Leadville, CO
Primary LocationUnited StatesColoradoClimax (Leadville, CO)