Summary of Role
This is a 1-year contract with the possibility of an extension depending on the business
needs, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our
Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
• The purpose of this position is to provide high level expertise with regards to organizing,
executing and mentoring maintenance on the drilling fleet and associated equipment.
• Development, implementation and continuous improvement of the MDS operations and
• Ensure compliance with SOP and company policies.
• To maintain broken stock inventory in a safe and cost-effective manner through:
o Ongoing training of Supervisors and maintenance personnel
o Efficient use of available resources (personnel and equipment)
• To maintain good and consistent results from blasting activities which are within MDS’s
area of influence.
• To work harmoniously with the Mine Operations, Engineering, Geology and Maintenance
sections to achieve the above objectives.
• Contribute toward good communication within the Mining Department and other
departments by developing and maintaining a team environment, which is conducive to
• Contribute towards the maintenance of the image of a professional Service Department
that is available to provide all services/ duties requested by other Departments.
• Provide assistance to other members of the Mining Department when requested.
• Propose work practice improvement and quality control
Reports, Policy, Procedure and Process Development
• Ensure daily operator sheets such as pre-start forms, production forms etc. are filled out
• Ensure daily logs and other reporting requirements are carried out on a daily, weekly and
• Assist in specific policy and procedures for the Drilling and Blasting Process.
• Recommend improvements to the process that my lead to safer, more productive
operation with better recovery.
Required Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance of production drills in a hard rock open pit mining environment, in progressively responsible / supervisory positions with documented training records
• Expert knowledge of surface mine production operations, scheduled maintenance, breakdown diagnostics and repair techniques
• Safety system development and implementation
• Ability to read and interpret maintenance plans and manuals
• Ability to plan for drill production requirements
• Hold valid driving license and able to operate light vehicles, telehandlers and forklifts
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook programs and ERP systems (Pronto)
• Strong English communication skills (bilingual French, an asset) to communicate and interact effectively with employees
• Excellent time management & leadership skills and must be able to work in a team environment
• Experience working with multi-national workforce in remote work locations (preferably in West Africa)
• Proven ability in effectively mentoring and coaching employees to facilitate career development
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.7 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is preparing for the first gold pour at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company had more than 4.0 million ounces of gold reserves as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions and is focused on funding future organic growth plans responsibly.
Steadfast in its commitment to set the benchmark for responsible mining, Teranga operates in accordance with the highest international standards and aims to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development as it strives to create value for all of its stakeholders. Teranga is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and a leading member of the multi-stakeholder group responsible for the submission of the first Senegalese Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative revenue report.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
• We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
• We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
• Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
• We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with in-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org