Provide technical expertise to set up and implement sustainable system and processes of all Electrical/Instrument aspect, in order to improve national employee skill in Electrical/Instrument activities in accordance with proper installation standards and company's policy and procedures.
Interfaces closely with Engineering and Central Services Construction groups to ensure power, control and communications infrastructure required for electrical construction & commissioning is available at critical milestone dates.
Interfaces and with safety department and is responsible for application of & management of safety performance for all employees in the expansion project team. Ensure compliance to PTFI Fresh standards, Top Ten Risks and SOP’s.
- Construction is prone to safety aspects, therefore safety meetings, safety motivation, and safety inspection is a necessary means to promote safety for counterparts or to all persons involved.
- Provide clear guidelines and information regarding construction activities to counterparts and clients for project completion according with customer requirement and support the customer satisfaction.
- The incumbent has to fully understand the detail design and installation of all construction material and complete necessary documentation.
- Review and check mechanical material utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
- He/she should keep up with the technology transfer to counterparts of all kind of construction methodology, in order to effectively deal with this challenge.
- Due to ever-changing workloads, locations and types of work. He/she should be able to analyze and handle each project effectively.
- Review and ensure construction project plan, including the project's AFE documents to further plan and schedule of manpower and supervisory responsibility (project breakdown) for construction work to ensure that construction works accommodate all project requirement according to schedule and budgeted man-hours and meets company safety standards and procedures.
- Review and ensure material and equipment utilization plan/requirements, including Material Take Offs (MTO) and schedule material delivery accordingly to ensure that material provision is in line with project schedule.
- Provide input and work closely with cost control and scheduler in prepare and estimate monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for work in all projects to provide target and guidelines for specific work completion (submitted to Cost Controller) to provide specific work completion framework and targets that will further base bonus achievements.
- In coordination with Chief Field Engineering, review and ensure construction design drawings, assist as-built drawings (whenever necessary changes are made) and control field construction work to make sure that the as-built construction is according to the design and as required by the client, ensure proper change management and that revisions are properly recorded and filed.
- Train, develop, and assist construction counterparts with the necessary knowledge and skill requirements to further improve their performance attributes and responsibilities.
- Develop engineering scope & deliverables required for known omissions in engineering.
- Provide clear scope of responsibilities at interfaces between PTFI & third party contractors to ensure no engineering, procurement or construction scope are missing and that battery limits are clearly defined.
- Prepare detailed project execution plans, construction execution plans, equipment & material management plans, resource loads, equipment needs and develops contract management plans.
- Conduct, control, and coordinate with other field disciplines the field-testing and calibration of related construction work and together with Chief Engineer Startup and Commissioning prepare its handover packages to make sure that clients receive equipment according to design and requirements.
- Help provide detailed scope of works documentation for third party contractors to the contracts department for all electrical works.
- Prepare detailed project execution plans, construction execution plans (Constructability), equipment & material management plans, resource loads, equipment needs and develops contract management plans.
- Provide assistance to Underground Central Service project manager on setting priorities and schedule of engineering work, in order to ensure the design master schedule is in place and all engineering deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Review the design calculations, drawings, and specifications, in order to ensure compliance with company and government, national and international regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Liaise with superiors to review and update standards and procedures, in order to comply with government and international standards and regulations.
- Perform a lead role as a Technical Expert (TE) on the conceptual engineering work for technically demanding, critical or novel engineering projects, in order to ensure these projects can be completed successfully and that national staff gain a wider range of experience.
- Monitor and supervise material take-off (MTO) and ensure project estimates are completed in compliance with the existing procedures in a timely manner with a minimum of errors.
- Review monthly actual activities against the plan and budget, in order to ensure the achievement of department objectives within the allocated resources.
- Communicate, organize, and control the implementation of Company's policies and procedures, in order to ensure department perform their duties in a safe manner and environmentally conscious.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate, and appraise performance and potential capabilities of department, to contribute the development of a professional team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with twelve (12) years of experience in a related field or equivalent of education and experience, preferably.
- Six (6) years of experience in project engineering design on heavy industrial projects preferably related to mining and infrastructure development covering the design and construction experience as a Project Engineer or Construction Manager in mining and/or infrastructure construction projects.
- Six (6) years of experience managing multidisciplinary design project work including materials estimating, project scheduling, and project budget development.
- Advanced technical knowledge of engineering design and analysis techniques.
- Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project scheduling software (either or Primavera or Microsoft Project).
- Ability to interpret customers' engineering requirements and to conceptualize engineering solutions by application of advanced technical engineering knowledge to a diverse range of project applications.
- Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary projects to meet customers' specific performance requirements for quality, cost and completion targets.
- Ability to train and develop national engineers to advance their professional abilities and pass on technical knowledge to the junior engineers.
- Ability to prepare project budgets, schedules and cost benefit analysis for project work to determine cost effective engineering solutions.
- Ability to analyze and plan engineering design work and resource requirements to balance the demands of a large number of customers.
- Ability to prepare technical specifications and documents for the specification of engineering technical services and products.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of the Technical Consultants.
- Medium voltage power distribution (35kV and below) switchgear and MC cables.
- Medium and low voltage motor control with metering and relaying experience.
- Knowledgeable on the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Underground mining experience a plus.
- Variable Frequency Drives experience a plus.
- Allen-Bradley PLC, MCC and VFD knowledge a plus.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential)
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
JobTechnical Expert, Expansion Electrical/Instrumentation Construction