Supervise services contracts team members on supply chain procedures, challenges, and opportunities. Create supplier contracts in a timely manner that succinctly communicates product specification or service requirements. Ensure compliance to procedures and limiting Company liability exposure.
- Supervise staff to meet procurement and sourcing performance objectives and deadlines on a daily basis. Implement GSC initiatives and objectives with team, track performance against those objectives and regularly provide feedback to employees, both verbally and in writing, in an effort to meet those objectives.
- Perform initial review of all contract requests to ensure end user group adheres to appropriate policies and processes. Guide contract team in executing agreement in accordance to GSC practices.
- Understand entire contract team scope, implement strategic sourcing concepts to maximize value for Company and report sourcing plans to management.
- Monitor and review GSC department KPIs and other standard reports to understand team performance, ensure workload balance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to team on contract terms exceptions and vendor agreements to mitigate or eliminate contract risks.
- Assess team members’ skills and abilities and ensure appropriate education and training is provided to them.
- Eliminate or reduce company liability by ensuring compliance to Global Supply Chain, safety, and operational policies, contractual requirements, and governmental regulations.
- Maintain competitive pricing with emphasis on cost reductions, quality, and supplier delivery performance through competitive bid events, negotiated price, terms and conditions.
- Maintain synchronization of a supply chain between various internal organizations and suppliers by ensuring information integration in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create value with timely, accurate, and cost effective contractual agreements. Resolve transactional discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Develop alliance suppliers to achieve specific safety and business objectives that meet cost, quality, and delivery requirements
- Pursue changes to new or existing corporate and divisional policies.
- Formulate and implement supply base strategies to reduce total cost of ownership and establish a robust supply base
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field and five (5) years experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field, OR
- Master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field and three (3) years experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
Worked in a Shared Services environment
Experience negotiating commercial terms and conditions
Services sourcing experience
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
JobLead Supply Chain - Contracts - Phoenix, AZ
Primary LocationUnited StatesArizonaPhoenix Corporate Office