Position: Mobile Maintenance Coordinator, Bilingual
Duration: 2-years Site: WGO
Summary of Role
This is fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our new Wahgnion operations in Burkina Faso.
We are currently operating an opencast gold mine in West Africa and require an experienced individual with a high standard of enthusiastic motivation and skill set towards the current site safety culture and encouraging best practice supervision of the national workforce to produce the highest standard of overall management of all assets.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position requires a self-motivated individual to design, implement and oversee the life cycle strategies of equipment in line with the asset management system, plan and schedule repairs to ensure a sustainable high level of maintenance is accomplished.
This position requires a lead by example approach to ensure best practice solutions are implemented as a team effort to encourage growth within the organisation.
The equipment consists of regular mining equipment, facilities and infrastructure currently supporting workshop and infield repairs.
The elected candidate should provide interactive positive systems to enable asset management and equipment health standards to world class levels of performance and reliability.
- Comply with current site safety culture and compliance to all safety systems is required.
- Focus on reliability to ensure all work are carried out in line with OEM and site standards.
- Motivate a workforce by experience, knowledge and respect & train and mentor current site personnel.
- Must have the capacity to supervise multi work fronts safely and effectively.
- Ensure all agreed processes and procedures are followed.
- Design and develop procedures and policies to suit the environment and resources available.
- Maintain level of work performance in accordance with KPI standards and / or work order specifications.
- Work includes designing, set-up, laying out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and / or equipment products.
- Take responsibility of site resources and supporting equipment to include operational maintenance, daily inspections and quality control.
- Assist to plan and schedule repairs in line with current maintenance scheduling.
- Participate in long term planning, budgeting and asset management activities.
- Minimise equipment downtime events to enable optimized performance and reliability.
- Provide solutions and engineering methods of repair in line with OEM standards.
- Provide detailed failure analysis reports.
- Design and implement strategies for regular structural maintenance of minor, major and rebuild components of the fleet to include all repairs on location within the workshop and field areas.
- Be responsible and accountable for the allocated budget and all costs associated with the maintenance of the mobile fleet section, including all components, structural components and consumables.
- Work with Management to prepare the annual budget based on equipment hours and conditions.
- Manage maintenance personnel, contractors and equipment in the most cost-effective manner possible as requested.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience maintaining mobile and mining equipment.
- 10 years’ experience supervision of a maintenance team in a developing country (preferably Africa)
- Possess a formal certification qualification with experience the maintenance area.
- Must be fully bilingual English & French; speaking, writing & reading
- Experienced using a CMMS to provide accurate prediction of future activities and costs; Pronto experience will be preferred.
- Experience working with multi-national workforce in remote work locations with a proven ability in effectively mentoring and coaching employees to facilitate career development.
- Driver’s License essential.
- Has the capacity to multi task across the mining fleet to include equipment overhauls
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.7 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is preparing for the first gold pour at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company had more than 4.0 million ounces of gold reserves as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions and is focused on funding future organic growth plans responsibly.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to email@example.com