Direct, oversee and evaluate the development and implementation of Underground Division’s Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) programs, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities are to provide oversight in the setup of new health and safety systems that improve performance, change the safety culture and improve the training and understanding of the work force to ensure safety is at the forefront of all activities. The position also has responsibility to identify shortcomings and improve performance of the underground mine rescue group on site.
- Provide oversight and input in the building of programs and processes that ensure best practices are developed within the health and safety group.
- Understand and ensure that all Governmental and PTFI regulations, laws and procedures are followed and adhered to with regards to safe work practices and work areas.
- Develop training systems for the mine rescue group and ensure that the mine rescue team has proper skills, training, tools and leadership.
- Ensure adherence to standard PTFI safety programs. Fully participate in FRESH requirements and reporting programs. Further develop area specific safety programs or structures that address risks in critical working areas such as traffic control, adherence to SOPs, electrical safety, rigging, etc.
- Develop and implement key performance metrics that accurately measure performance and encourage continued improvement in all work areas as they pertain to employee health and safety.
- Review, develop, and implement training/education programs that are mandatory as required by the Government of Indonesia but also that advance employee understanding for improved safety performance.
- Fully participate and progress succession plans that develop employees with high potential so that the organization continues to grow and develop.
- Investigate, develop, and implement continuous improvement programs that encourage improved productivity, safety and efficiencies.
- Review shortcomings in the UG SHE group to help move them from an administrative function to one that guides, coaches, corrects and improves safety systems for all work departments in the Underground Division.
- Ensure records are properly recorded that comply with best practices and DEMR regulations.
- Provide the leadership for the work group that allows subordinates to have clear direction and a sense of belonging and worth.
- Develop and implement new communication vehicles that progress open dialogue between the OH&S group and Operations.
- Mentor and coach employees in all levels of the department so that their skill sets are improved both technically and from a leadership standpoint. Develop Field Safety Officers to engage the workforce in correcting unsafe acts and not to focus only on unsafe conditions.
- Develop, socialize, and implement the required actions of all staff that improve safety performance in their work areas.
- Develop and implement the programs that bring cohesiveness to all divisional safety and health groups so that practices, organization and roles are similar and followed.
- Provide the leadership for all divisional safety groups for continued improvement and combined efforts to change the safety culture at PTFI.
- Assist in the identification of key risk area in each of the operations and provide the leadership to mitigate risks through accepted practices.
- Provide oversight of key internal and external audits and determine which add value and improvement.
- Advance the development and implementation of the FRESH systems.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in mining safety systems or combined experience in mine safety of fifteen (15) years of experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must have strong understanding of underground mining principles and concepts, and a work history in underground safety.
- Proven experience in managing a large group of employees.
- Experience in setting up technical reports, scheduling systems, running projects, and business management.
- Technical background with experience in Safety& Health management.
- Planning and budgeting skill.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
- Highly focused toward satisfying customer requirements.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential)
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer