Summary of Role
This is a 2-year contract term with possibility of an extension & fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time (or 6 weeks on /3 weeks off roster with travel on employee’s time) to our new Wahgnion operations in Burkina Faso.
To provide professional services to the procurement, expediting, logistics and warehousing functions for both none inventory and inventory Items as directed by the Commercial Manager with a focus on interdepartmental liaisons with the end users and outside companies
The role encumbrances the provision of assistance on all facets of the supply chain ensuring sound practices are adopted and applied to the management of procurement, logistic, expediting, customs clearance and warehousing. The person is responsible for the following functions and manages the supervisors responsible for each section.
· Accountable to develop systems and measures that appropriately assess the performance of the Supply Chain Management functional performance and ensure achievement of targets.
· Provide Materials Management support to all End User Departments across Site by functioning as the point of control for Customers to assist in resolution and/or escalation of Materials Management and commercial Supply related issues and queries.
· Liaises with groups across the Company to ensure that information is communicated effectively and there is an integrated effort towards effective supply chain management.
· Lead the continuous improvement and execution of the Companies procurement and contracting strategy, policies and guidelines in regard to purchasing, strategic sourcing and contracts ensuring robust process and transactions and accountable for value-added, cost savings, and other performance metrics.
· Responsible for the application of procurement processes during the entire sourcing process, particularly contract preparation, request, evaluation and award processes
· Manages technical documents, business case documents, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Net Present Value (NPV), should cost models and price discipline models.
· Works closely with Local Business and Community Relations departments to ensure that local sourcing opportunities are advanced..
· Developing processes and philosophies that affect how suppliers are selected and managed.
· Developing effective relationships with key suppliers that reflect both a customer and vendor perspective.
· Achieving a strong culture on Continuous Improvement philosophies.
· Manage systems and applications to ensure robust demand planning, order fulfilment, inventory control and operations process efficiency.
· Execute the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to tracking supplier performance metrics, cost influences and customer satisfaction metrics.
· Ensure timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, award recommendations, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and regret letters, and, management and close out of contracts related to materials goods and services.
· Makes strategic decisions on future supply chain processes, drives standards throughout the organization, resolves issues in areas of collaboration with other supply chain system processes, and defines the process methodology in alignment with corporate guidance.
· Ensure a high level of customer-focused support service by supporting Site KPIs and Goals.
· Establish relationships with key Maintenance and Operational user group to understand their work areas and requirements, improve planning and forecasting outlooks and communicate this information to the broader Supply Chain Management team.
· Implements processes, policies, systems, and practices that maximize operational effectiveness, supply continuity and lower Total Cost of Ownership for materials and supplies.
· Develop skills and abilities of direct and indirect reports through ongoing performance measurement and feedback. Provide career guidance and act as a champion and mentor for all resources in the supply chain organization.
· Submits reports to Management.
· Initiate and execute performance reviews for procurement, expediting and logistics staff
· Permit management for the compliance in transporting dangerous goods and project shipments.
· The management on tax exoneration for custom clearance.
· Maintain or improve cycle count rate to ensure entire Inventory is counted twice annually.
· Ensure accuracy of cycle counts and investigations of discrepancies is fully actioned
· Oversee the analysing of demands, investigate and correct any inventory discrepancies.
· Ensure inventory control section KPI’s are adhered to
· Oversee the approach to maximize efficiency through effective inventory items placements, warehouse analysis, and maintaining accuracy of the Pronto ERP system against the physical inventory on hand.
· Initiate a cost savings initiative on the inventory by lowering down stock holdings and identifying obsolete stocks.
· Initiate inventory analysis for the classifying of stock, including capital and insurance spares.
· Ensure up to date schedule of maintenance of the machineries and their daily pre start check done.
· Ensure daily security inspection of all confines in the warehouse, bulk commodity management, Inspection of all transporter vehicles; plan the warehouse staff schedule for their assignments and posting.
· Manage, investigate, mitigate and rectify any discrepancy on the inventory transaction relating to pick slip, PO receiving.
· Prepare agreements for inventory requirements. Assist with definition of Department objectives, evaluation of the proposals and tenders and negotiating with suppliers.
· Provide general advice about Teranga contracts’ standards and procedures.
· Building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training, especially for other contract services staff and managers.
· Helping to ensure appropriate legal policies and practices are in place to manage the legal obligations and legal risks of the Department effectively.
· Administer and supervise inventory agreements.
· Develop and prepare regular reports on the status of contracts;
· Resolve contract payment disputes and confer with contractors and other divisions concerning contract payments and compliance;
· As required implement and interpret Commercial policies and procedures.
· Provide direction to contract specialists and staff regarding relevant contract provisions;
· Liaise with internal and external legal resources for legal advice.
· Leading or assisting with various projects as directed by the Commercial Manager
· Draft and submit annual Operating/Capital budget
· Liaise with Finance on any issues
· Oversee the Development of a skills matrix and personal development program of team member’s.
· Develop, promote, implement, review, monitor and maintain Teranga’s OHS&E policies, programs and procedures to meet site requirements and the rights of employees to a safe, hazard free and healthy work environment.
· Others duties may be assigned with complexities as needed and warranted.
Required Skills & Experience
· University degree in business, supply chain management or engineering desirable.
· Minimum of 15 years’ experience in an Industrial supply chain setting (Experience in gold mining or related industry would be an advantage).
· 10 years supervisory experience as an Expat at a remote location (preferably West Africa)
· Minimum 5 years experience as an Expat at a remote location (preferably West Africa)
· Bilingual English & French is required for this position.
· Knowledge of contract negotiations, contract management and contract law affecting procurement practices
· Knowledge of the competitive bidding process.
· Intermediate level skill and knowledge of a computer, including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Proficient in mining ERP systems with Pronto experience being advantageous.
· Industry products relevant to gold mining operations and processing.
· Demonstrated negotiating and contract management skills
· Strong inter personal and organizational skills
· Strong communication, planning and execution skills needed.
· Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration
· Excellent leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and empower team.
· Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills are essential
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 5,500 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.8 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth towards its vision of becoming a mid-tier producer, the Company recently announced commercial production at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, and is carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions.
Steadfast in its commitment to set the benchmark for responsible mining, Teranga operates in accordance with international standards and aims to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development as it strives to create value for all of its stakeholders. Teranga is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and a leading member of the multi-stakeholder group responsible for the submission of the first Senegalese Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative revenue report.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.