Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 5,500 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 2 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth towards its vision of becoming a mid-tier producer, the Company recently announced commercial production at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, and is carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions.
Steadfast in its commitment to set the benchmark for responsible mining, Teranga operates in accordance with international standards and aims to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development as it strives to create value for all of its stakeholders. Teranga is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and a leading member of the multi-stakeholder group responsible for the submission of the first Senegalese Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative revenue report.
Summary of Role
This is fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Wahgnion operations in Burkina Faso.
The role of the Reliability Engineer is key contributor to minimising equipment downtime, optimising life cycle costs and enhance equipment reliability to maximise production. The primary purpose of the role is to develop optimised operations and maintenance strategies for plant equipment based on Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA) and other reliability methodologies, facilitate root cause analysis, identify and eliminate defects, monitor asset health and analyse data to determine economic benefits and to prioritise the effort. Ensuring NDT and routine asset maintenance programs are adhered to for safety, operational performance and insurance compliance.
The position reports to the Wahgnion Maintenance Superintendent
· Assess criticality of assets and develop, recommend, and implement maintenance strategies for improving equipment reliability and processes. Ensure that any maintenance strategies that are recommended are reflected accurately in the CMMS (Pronto).
· Conduct reliability studies and reliability block modelling as determined by management using approved reliability tools and methods such as FMEA and RCM
· Perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis on both new and existing assets to assist operations and maintenance areas to justify capital and operating expenditure.
· Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the strategies used in the preventative maintenance (PM) and condition monitoring maintenance programs.
· Provide assistance in evaluating and specifying insurance, critical and operating spares requirements.
· Ensure an effective defect elimination process is implemented and key production losses are recorded accurately.
· Analyse losses (production and cost) and facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) standards to identify failure cause and develop solutions.
· Be proficient in the use of various Root Cause Analysis methods such as TapRoot, 5 Why’s and Cause & Effect (Fishbone/Ishikawa)
· Manage RCFA actions to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner.
· Assistance in the development of a Predictive Maintenance (PdM) program. All predictive maintenance requirements should be identified via the maintenance strategy development.
· Provide technical and analytical assistance for the PdM program considering: vibration analysis, thermography, airborne ultrasonic emissions, oil analysis, ultrasonic thickness testing and motor current signature analysis.
· Utilise reliability dashboards and asset health indicators to identify bottlenecks, high costs and analyse equipment failures. Create Work Requests (in Pronto) for immediate concerns and develop equipment improvement priorities with the support of data.
· Report reliability performance metrics through use of a dashboard that displays metrics such as Mean Time between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), scheduled vs. unscheduled downtime, Availability and/or Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to verify that continuous improvement is occurring.
· Have input into Department/Section annual Strategic/Tactical Business Plans
· Ensures that all reliability improvement work complies with National Regulatory Standards and Teranga Gold’s Safety and Environmental Policies and Business Policies.
· Provide general reliability training and leadership at the plant level.
· Develop and maintain an Equipment Criticality register.
· Champion change by following Management of Change (MOC) procedures.
· Train Burkinabe maintenance personnel in the skills of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
Required Skills & Experience
· University Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering from a recognized University.
· (CMRP) Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional is an asset,
· Minimum of 10 years of related experience with 5 years working as an Expat at a remote location (preferably West Africa).
· Experienced with implementing, managing reliability strategies, life cycle costings for large heavy industrial process plants; mining operations strongly preferred. Have an outstanding knowledge and ability to apply maintenance planning practices.
· Have relevant experience facilitating FMEA & RCA investigations
· Be highly competent in performing equipment NDT and monitoring of various mining equipment.
· Experience using various data analysis techniques that can include: Statistical process control, reliability modelling and prediction. Fault tree analysis, Weibull analysis, and Lean Principles
· Be highly proficient in the French, English languages Oral and written. Strong communication skills in English, (French is an asset) to effectively interact with national employees
· Able to participate in high-level reviews and audits – i.e annual insurance reviews and high-level contractual evaluations.
· Able to work and participate in a team environment, especially when required to train other personnel Continue to develop personal knowledge of latest monitoring and interpretation equipment and application techniques.
· Have a valid driver’s licence and be a very proficient driver
· Working knowledge of appropriate software programs that will facilitate the reporting and control aspects of the role (Word, Excel, Project, Pronto, Access)
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org