This role serves as company-wide change agent focused on designing and implementing agile processes and policies in partnership with operations and leadership. Primary responsibilities include initiating transformation of company culture through agile thinking and helping leadership build an engaged and empowered workforce to achieve strategic company objectives as well as forming and implementing company-wide organizational development and talent management strategies. Encourages focus on ingenuity and results to develop processes for driving global change initiatives.
- Act as an agile liaison for the organization creating value for the company through a combination of customer input, market trends, and data analytics to deliver results and improve company processes.
- Lead the agile transformation and change management program reinforcing the Lean-Agile mindset and promoting a high-performance culture.
- Create and drive learning strategies that align with the company’s strategic growth plans and future human capital needs.
- Refine existing processes and implement strategic programs that map to business needs in the areas of performance management, HR compliance, professional/leadership, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, and workforce/succession planning.
- Educate leaders on best practices for transformation and program management and manage change within the organization. Mentor team members, motivate teams to succeed, remove barriers to enable greater productivity, and give recognition for results.
- Drive working groups to achieve the right level of governance, decision-making and risk assessment in the company’s programs and policies, while promoting transparency and establishing a strong partnership through collaborative relationships with various stakeholder groups.
- Provide consultation in areas of talent development, leadership development, performance management, and organizational effectiveness. Direct and lead the development of strategic integrated solutions measurable through assessments and data analysis. This includes a feedback mechanism to support learning, enabling continuous improvement and reinforcement of desired behavioral changes.
- Communicate clear goals and objectives for developing diversity and inclusion programs by utilizing various technologies and platforms to communicate, influence, and promote innovation in this area
- Serve as a senior leader supporting culture building initiatives
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs. Ensure the work efforts incorporate a business perspective and support feasible solutions that deliver success
- Develop programs to support the onboarding and exiting of company employees in an effort to integrate company culture and facilitate a successful transition in and out of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 7+ years of experience leading agile teams, organizational development teams, or similar cross-functional project teams in a fast paced, multi-site, operational focused organization; global experience is also desirable
- Experience in organizational design and/or organizational psychology coupled with previous experience in learning and development, talent management and performance design
- Proven ability to create a mindset shift across a variety of stakeholders, using agile practices and change management approaches, best practices and tools that will support the transformation introduced with complex programs
- Pragmatic knowledge of leadership competency frameworks and a variety of proven practices, tools and techniques that help leaders develop in their jobs
- Strong analytical and creative capabilities including design and execution of innovative talent and team programs
- Experience working with an executive team and presenting at the executive level
- Expertise with diplomatically resolving difficult conflicts over complex issues
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven presentation and communications skills
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects and prioritize delivery
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams with a focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Some travel required
- Advanced Degree
- Agile Management Certification
- Change Management and/or Servant Leadership Certifications
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability