This is fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Wahgnion operations in Burkina Faso.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, this position requires a self-motivated individual to design, implement and oversee the life cycle strategies of equipment in line with the asset management system, plan and schedule repairs to ensure a sustainable high level of maintenance is accomplished.
The key responsibilities apply to the Electrical Supervisor / Coordinator which is responsible for all facets of maintenance related to the electrical systems of the fleet of HV equipment: Caterpillar & Volvo.
- Comply with current site safety culture and compliance to all safety systems is required.
- Focus on reliability to ensure all work is carried out in line with OEM and site standards.
- Motivate a workforce through experience, knowledge, and respect.
- Train and mentor current site personnel.
· Must have the capacity to supervise multi work fronts safely and effectively.
· Ensure all agreed processes and procedures are followed.
- Design and develop procedures and policies to suit the environment and resources available.
- Maintain a level of work performance in accordance with KPI standards and/or work order specifications.
- Take responsibility for site resources and supporting equipment to include operational maintenance, daily inspections, and quality control.
- Assist to plan and schedule repairs in line with current maintenance scheduling.
· Participate in long term planning, budgeting, and asset management activities.
· Minimize equipment downtime events to enable optimized performance and reliability.
· Provide solutions and engineering methods of repair in line with OEM standards.
· Provide detailed failure analysis reports.
· Be responsible and accountable for the allocated budget and all costs associated with the maintenance of the electrical systems of the mobile fleet, including all components and parts associated with the electrical systems of the equipment.
· Work with Management to prepare the annual budget based on equipment hours and conditions.
· Manage maintenance personnel, contractors, and equipment in the most cost-effective manner possible as requested.
Policy, Procedure and Process Development
· Ensure that all policies and strategies are clearly documented following best practices.
· Develop and implement Safe Working Instructions.
· Work collaboratively with the Maintenance Superintendent and other suppliers to ensure appropriate stock is on hand at all times to maintain mobile equipment availability.
· Recommend improvements to any process that may lead to safer, more productive operations.
Reports, Procedure and Process Development
· Ensure all administrative duties and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Ensure that all reporting requirements are carried out on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
· Provide input to the monthly operational report and cost variance report as requested.
· Failure reports, damage, and operational reporting as directed.
· Must have the ability to work with planning and carry out the planned and scheduled work scopes on a daily basis.
Innovation and Improvement
· Identify, investigate, and implement improvements to the operating performance of the mobile fleet.
· Promote and support the Business Improvement initiatives on site.
· Develop and promote compliance with the Mobile fleet maintenance system.
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 10 years of experience maintaining electrical systems of HV mining equipment
· 8 years experience supervising an electrical maintenance team in a developing country (preferably West Africa)
· Possess a formal certification qualification with experience the HV electrical maintenance area
· Has the capacity to multi-task across the mining fleet to include equipment overhauls
· Experienced using a CMMS; Pronto experience preferred to provide an accurate prediction of future activities and costs.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office
· Driver’s License essential.
· Excellent leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and empower team
· Ability to manage and develop staff
· Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of approximately 5,500 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 2 million ounces of gold at its Sabodala operation in Senegal. Focused on diversification and growth towards its vision of becoming a mid-tier producer, the Company recently announced commercial production at its second gold mine, Wahgnion, which is located in Burkina Faso, and is carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions.
Steadfast in its commitment to set the benchmark for responsible mining, Teranga operates in accordance with international standards and aims to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic, environmental, and community development as it strives to create value for all of its stakeholders. Teranga is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and a leading member of the multi-stakeholder group responsible for the submission of the first Senegalese Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative revenue report.
If you are having difficulties applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org