Responsible for supervision and preparation of the Company’s foreign based income tax provisions using OneSource Tax Provision software applications.
- Manage preparation of complex quarterly and monthly income tax provisions for foreign locations included within U.S. GAAP based global financial reporting results. Oversee senior analyst and work with personnel in multiple foreign locations to ensure timely delivery of accurate results to International Tax Director.
- Assist International Tax Director in oversight of accounting for foreign location tax examinations.
- Oversee SOX 404 testing on key calculations and processes.
- Maintain company tax databases including OneSource Tax Provision and SharePoint.
- Provide leadership and work direction as well as evaluate the performance of subordinate staff
- Assist International Tax Director with research of complex income tax accounting issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; AND
- At least seven (7) years combined work experience with Big 4 public accounting tax department and large multinational corporation preparing corporate income tax returns and related income tax provisions
- CPA designation required
- Extensive experience with ASC 740
- Significant experience with U.S. income tax rules and regulations, including specialized emphasis in the areas of corporate consolidations
- Working knowledge of US International income tax law including transactions associated with outbound and inbound investments
- Experience with OneSource (Tax Provision, UTP and Workpapers), Adobe and Microsoft Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook).
- Proficient in use of BNA, RIA, CCH and other tax and accounting research tools.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- At least 8-10 years of work experience with Big 4 public accounting tax department and large multinational corporation preparing corporate income tax returns and related income tax provisions.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion, Corptax, Alteryx, Business Objects, Blackline software applications.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently, sit, stand, and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability