The Role: Uses advanced knowledge in its area of expertise which is mineral resource estimation to provide guidance and leadership to this process, system or functional area without having direct team responsibility. Assumes responsibility for the estimates of resources that he has made or that are made under his responsibility. Plays a crucial role in reviewing the calculations of its peers to ensure the highest quality standards. Monitors the technical capabilities and resources of the function. Provides expert advice on matters concerning current and new practices, technologies and methodologies. May facilitate the achievement of objectives by leading the development and implementation of systems and processes through project teams. The role is global in scope (does not assume direct or ongoing responsibility for a team). This role is directly linked to the resource estimates that constitute the foundation of the company.
Produce and revise resource estimates.
• Uses his advanced knowledge to assist operations in the technical analysis and evaluation of the mineral resources of the corporation.
• Works in collaboration with the sites in order to ensure the quality of data as well as an appropriate geology serving as a basis for the estimated resources.
• Evaluates the most appropriate estimation methods in order to be able to make the most adequate estimates according to the type of deposit. Find solutions to the technical challenges that certain projects can represent. Proposes new approaches.
• Produces and / or revises resource estimates, according to the needs of the company.
• Mentors and advises employees with less experience.
• Takes responsibility for the estimated product.
Provide expertise and support to operations.
• Assists operations during technical problems.
• Prepares written reports and documents related to technical issues and to the various programs and systems in place or to be implemented.
• Do research to support decision-making and improve processes, technologies and methodologies.
• Performs internal audits in technical areas.
• Prepares reports and follows up, to ensure compliance with company and industry requirements.
• Contributes to monitoring engineering standards and technological development.
• Proficient in software for resource estimation and geostatistical analysis of data used for estimates.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of working methods.
• Keeps abreast of trends related to geostatistics and other developments in the field of resource estimates and integrates this information into projects and work approaches.
• Proposes new approaches, methods or policies to optimize performance and ensure compliance with industry regulations and organizational standards.
• Delegates tasks to employees with less experience, mentors and acts as an advisor in more complex situations.
• Continually seeking to improve their technical knowledge and skills.
What we look for:
• University degree in geological engineering, geology or equivalent
• Member in order of a recognized professional order
• Qualified person according to standard 43-101.
• 10 years' experience in geology and 5 years' experience in resource estimation in the context of advanced projects and mining operations.
• Mastery of geostatistics applicable to gold deposits.
• Experience working in underground and surface mining operations.
• Proficiency in both official languages (French and English).
• Good knowledge of the principles of reconciliation.
• Good knowledge of health, safety and the environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external resources and able to work with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and high level of precision.
• Must be able to handle files with a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work with others in a team work environment.
• Able to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Pleasant and courteous interpersonal interactions.
IAMGOLD is a leading mid-tier gold producer with four operating gold mines (including current joint ventures) on three continents. IAMGOLD has a pipeline of development and exploration projects. The company’s growth plans are focused in Canada, select countries in South America and Africa.
IAMGOLD is committed to a Zero Harm approach: we continually strive to reach the highest standards in human health and safety, minimize our impact on the environment and work co-operatively with our host communities.
Primary Location: Canada
Work Locations: 11 - Longueuil Office 1111 St. Charles Street West East Tower Suite 750 LONGUEUIL J4K 5G4
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2020, 9:49:25 PM