This position is located at the Henderson Mill site off of CO-9 between Kremmling, CO and Silverthorne, CO. This is a rural, alpine area approximately 2 hours from the Denver metropolitan area. The mill is at an altitude of approximately 9,100 feet. In the winter the average high temperature is 28 degrees and the average low is 0 degrees. In the summer the average high temperature is 75 degrees and the average low is 40 degrees. The average snowfall in Summit/Grand counties is in excess of 200 inches per year.
Under close supervision, responsible for working directly with customers to ensure on time fulfillment of goods.
- Responsible for proactively compiling, monitoring and managing Collaborative Planning report to ensure adequate stocking levels / recognize shortages and deficiencies, in support of customers in maintenance, planning and operations.
- Responsible for communicating/expediting urgent customer requirements from maintenance, planning and operations to GSC Shared Services.
- Obtain quotes from key suppliers using parts information from customers in maintenance, planning and operations, monitor supplier performance, and lead supplier evaluations.
- Collaborate with assigned customer departments in maintenance, planning and operations to ensure needs are understood, documented, validated and requirements are met.
- Analyze data to perform root cause analysis on issues that impact inventory performance and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Communicate master data changes and additions (MARS) to appropriate groups such as BOM, equipment and material master data on behalf of customers in maintenance, planning and operations.
- Ensure adherence to General Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial laws (SEC), Company policies, internal controls (SOX) and Principles of Business Conduct (PBC) etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Benefits & Compensation
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability