- Advance your career and be a part of a high-performing mining company in Laos, with growth projects in Southeast Asia
- Lead IT systems improvements - Focus on sustainable and secure IT infrastructure and practices
- Brisbane corporate office with international travel subject to COVID-19 restrictions
PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and integrated technical services team in Brisbane working closely with existing operations and supporting new business opportunities here in Australia.
In Laos, PanAust owns a 90 per cent interest in the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited. The Government of Laos owns the remaining 10 per cent. Phu Bia Mining owns and operates PanAust’s Phu Kham Copper-Gold and Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation.
In Myanmar, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in Wuntho Resources Company Limited (WRCL) and has established a joint venture with Myanmar Energy Resources Group International Company Limited (MERG), a Myanmar-based company which holds the remaining 20 per cent of WRCL. WRCL holds exploration tenements covering roughly 775 square-kilometres in Myanmar's Sagaing region and has applied for additional Exploration Licences in the region.
In PNG, PanAust holds an 80 per cent interest in the Frieda River Copper-Gold Project. Frieda River is one of the largest known undeveloped copper and gold deposits in the world and offers PanAust excellent potential for the establishment of a world-class, long-life operation.
This leadership and multi-discipline role will be responsible for end to end cloud, cyber security and infrastructure architecture for our operations. The operations have a range of systems in place and you will work cross-functionally to support a broad review to identify improvement opportunities that will deliver increased efficiencies and value. Reporting to the Group IT Manager, based in the James Street Brisbane office.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the Company’s Lao-national workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Infrastructure and Cloud Architecture
- Develop and manage an infrastructure roadmap and strategy
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy and procedures.
- Provide infrastructure architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to IT Service Delivery Team
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investments, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop test plans to check IT infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement to Service Delivery Team.
- Manage and report on Group IT assets, identifying opportunities to utilise these assets more effectively and ensuring software license compliance is maintained.
- Provide technical guidance (and hands on support where necessary) for the team in management and monitoring of servers, network devices, firewalls, workstations and software applications both on-site and remotely
- Responsible for Microsoft technology and Modern Workplace enablement
Cyber and Disaster Recovery
- Responsible for implementation of PanAust Cyber Security roadmap.
- Leads design and implementation of Cyber Security training across the organisation.
- Manage and maintain appropriate Cyber governance measures including the IT risk register, reporting on the status of patching, backup / recovery, anti-virus deployment, Identify/Account Management and other Cyber defensive processes, develop, document and maintain IT security processes,
- Responsible for backup strategy
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Provide security guidance to members of the team.
- Establish processes for third party cyber risk management, and manage a regular program of Penetration Testing.
- Review and enhance business continuity and disaster recovery processes.
- Develop and establish disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, and human interference.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for disaster recovery administration and business continuity based on industry-standard best practices.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Degree qualification in Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years leading an infrastructure team in either information cyber risk or infrastructure services
- Proven experience in Cloud technology, Cyber Security and Infrastructure disciplines
- Proven experience in managing continuous improvement requests and projects across applications
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure lifecycle management
- Proven experience in successfully managing and delivering IT Support services and/or multiple IT improvement projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing IT systems architecture and software development methodology, systems design, development and implementation
- Experience in project management and business analysis for medium complex cross-functional projects which will enable you to be successful in implementing changes, upgrading systems, migrating systems, and improving processes and procedures,
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate technology issues and solutions in a manner non-technical people can understand, as well as building effective business relationships
- ITIL Certification
- Industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Professional (CBAP) or degree program with focus on security is
- Experience in at least 2 or more of the following key fields/technology products
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Veritas Netback Up
- Symantec Cloud
- F5 BIG-IP
- Cisco Network Technologies
- WIFI Technology
- VMware, Dell and HP Hardware
Projects this role will be working on
- Development and review of Corporate Standards in the disciplines of Cloud, Cyber Security and Infrastructure Operations
- Project architecture review and signoff for various refresh technology refresh programs in organisation
- Cyber security control implementation program such as, patching lifecycles to be implemented, disaster recovery plans, multifactor authentication, security standards, penetration testing, log review processes etc etc
- Migration of Brisbane datacentre to cloud infrastructure
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection deployment across PanAust Group
Interested candidates should click on Apply Now to be directed to this vacancy on the Pan Aust careers website to complete the online application