Responsible for the overall design, performance and availability of global Cloud infrastructure solutions integrated and aligned with overall MIS strategies. Analyze technologies and recommend upgrades/changes based on assessments of the organization's current and future network technology needs with a collaborative and Agile mindset.
- Create both short and long-term enterprise Cloud technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic requirements, technology context and business needs
- Design secure solutions and create implementation and support models for Cloud and Hybrid technologies
- Define and review reports to ensure all services are completely, securely and successfully delivered; proactively intervene to correct problems when they are encountered; and use metrics to improve processes
- Work effectively with other IS teams and outsourcing providers to ensure technology solutions are effectively designed, managed and performed
- Examine organization’s current and future technology needs and set direction and lead improvements of techniques, methodologies and deliverables
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related field, AND
- Eight (8) years of experience in the Information Services, which includes two (2) years of direct experience with Cloud Technologies
- Strong understanding across Infrastructure systems and components design and support concepts
- Microsoft Azure certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, AND
- Ten (10) years of experience in the Information Services, which includes four (4) years as a general Architect and three (3) years of Cloud Infrastructure Architecture and Solutions design.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- One year of active Agile Methodology involvement, mindset and coaching
- Advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance
- Experience with Firewalls, Segmentation and Zero-Trust initiatives
- Experience integrating hybrid environments with Cloud providers (Azure/AWS)
- Strong and proven architecture documentation and presentation skills, creating technology roadmaps and strategic direction
- Strong liaison with enterprise, server, storage, security, database and application architects to develop comprehensive solutions
- Strong Project Management skills to direct and oversee implementation of architecture
- Broad IT knowledge is desired, covering, virtualized environments, Hyper-converged systems, DevOps, storage platforms, ERP systems and application interaction
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability